4-24-05- The Privitt family of Calera lost everything in a fire at their home on April 6, including their toddler daughter, Virginia. Sunday evening, neighbors came together to raise money to help the family get back on their feet.
They filed into the Calera High School cafeteria for a fundraising bean dinner. Dozens of people donated 5, 10, even 50 dollars to the family.
Members of Masonic and Star Lodges from Calera, Achille, Colbert, and Durant say being in a community is about helping others.
The Privitt family says people have been so generous to them, they will save anything extra they have for another family who loses everything in a fire.
The Privitt family is rebuilding their home with donated lumber and doing all the work themselves.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.