Sherman fire destroys duplex

By: First News Staff Email
By: First News Staff Email

SHERMAN, TX -- Residents of a Sherman duplex narrowly escaped their burning homes Wednesday morning.

Sherman Firefighters say the duplex in the 800 block of North Elm Street caught fire around 3 a.m.

They were able to put out the flames in about 30 minutes and everyone got out ok.

Officials say a kerosene lamp, used during a recent power outage, may have started the fire.

They estimate the damage at around $30,000.

The red cross is helping both displaced families.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 158978315 - http://kxii.com/a?a=158978315
Gray Television, Inc.