Sherman fire destroys duplex

By: First News Staff Email
By: First News Staff Email

SHERMAN, TX -- Residents of a Sherman duplex narrowly escaped their burning homes Wednesday morning.

Sherman Firefighters say the duplex in the 800 block of North Elm Street caught fire around 3 a.m.

They were able to put out the flames in about 30 minutes and everyone got out ok.

Officials say a kerosene lamp, used during a recent power outage, may have started the fire.

They estimate the damage at around $30,000.

The red cross is helping both displaced families.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 158978315 - kxii.com/a?a=158978315
Gray Television, Inc.