7-6-05 – One man suffered minor burns after a natural gas explosion in Sherman Wednesday morning. The fire department evacuated an area around the 1000 block of North Travis Street after a boiler exploded at a dry cleaning business.
An employee attempted to re-light a boiler around 7:30 a.m. He suffered minor burns and was taken to Wilson N. Jones by a family member.
The fire department evacuated nine employees as they worked to shut off the natural gas.
The injured man is expected to recover.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.