10-24-05 - A fire destroyed a rental home in the 1700 block of Smith Road near Luella around 9 a.m. Monday morning.
Officials said that a little boy woke up to smoke and them alerted his parents. The Tom Bean and Sherman fire departments responded to the scene.
The landlord told KXII that the house is a total loss.
"The tenant came out of the house told me the fire started because of one of the air conditioners in a bedroom," homeowner and landlord Russell Smith said.
Everyone inside the house escaped safely, but the only items that were saved were the clothes they were wearing.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.