10-27-05 - A faulty dryer is to blame for a fire that caused serious damage at an Ardmore home.
The fire broke out around 9:30 at the home in the 900 block of Fourth Street Southeast.
The homeowner and her son were able to get out safely after a neighbor told them there was smoke coming out of the utility room.
An electrical short in the dryer's cord caused the fire.
Firefighters say the blaze is responsible for about $5,000 in damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.