11-21-05 - A space heater could be to blame for starting a house fire Monday afternoon in Sherman.
The two women inside the Summit Street home were getting out their Christmas decorations when they smelled something strange and saw smoke.
The two managed to save their cats, a turtle and their two dogs in the backyard. The two children that lived there were at school, but the fire could have started in one of their rooms where a space heater was sitting.
There were no smoke detectors in the home, and there was only minor damage to the garage of the vacant house next door.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.