A popular family restaurant in Ada closed for remodeling after a fire did thousands of dollars worth of damage.
Late Wednesday night flames broke out at the Prairie Kitchen in the 100 block of Northeast Richardson Loop. The fire started on the roof and quickly shot through the kitchen.
The fire marshal said it was an accident caused by a mechanical failure. Firefighters put out the blaze in two hours, but not before it did $150,000 in damage.
Most of the damage was in the kitchen. There is no word on how long the restaurant will be closed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.