Home Destroyed by Fire in Carter Co.

2-26-06 – A Carter County home was destroyed by fire Sunday morning. Lone Grove firefighters were called to the scene on Texaco Road just before noon. It took firefighters about thirty minutes to get it under control. The home is a total loss.

Firefighters say a wood burning stove caused the blaze after it overheated. Three adults live in the home, but they were not there at the time of the fire.

The family says they do not have insurance and have no plans to rebuild.