6-18-06 – Twenty people were rushed to the hospital Sunday morning apparently suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning on a houseboat on Lake Texoma.
According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the victims were on a boat that was anchored near Buncombe Creek in Marshall County overnight. Around 9 a.m. on Sunday, authorities got a call for help, stating that several people on board were ill.
Authorities say the boat was still running and the wind carried exhaust fumes into an area housing the boaters.
The victims were taken to the hospitals in Madill and Sherman. All have been released after undergoing treatment.
The victims suffered from symptoms including nausea, light-headedness, and difficult breathing.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.