7-29-06 – Nine firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation and heat exhaustion while battling a fire in Trenton Saturday. Around noon, firefighters were called to an auto body repair shop on FM 121 around noon. When crews arrived, flames were shooting from the roof of the building.
Two men working in the shop at the time of the fire made it out without injuries, but as firefighters fought the blaze, smoke and chemical fumes inside the building caused some to seek treatment.
Bonham and Whitewright EMS treated five Trenton firefighters, two Ector firefighters, 1 Randolph and 1 Whitewright firefighter at the scene.
The firefighters are expected to recover.
Trenton police and the Fannin County Sheriffs office were also on the scene.
The Trenton deputy fire chief said on Saturday that a stray spark from a welding torch may have started the fire.
The body shop was completely destroyed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.