A second town has shut down a dog shelter because of a deadly virus.
Someone dropped off a German shepherd at the Davis pound that was sick with the parvovirus.
Officials had to put that dog to sleep, along with the four other dogs that were living in the pound.
They're following the same procedures as officials in Sulphur after the parvovirus contaminated the pound there, bleaching surfaces and removing food and trays.
There’s no word if the two outbreaks are linked.
The Davis pound will be closed until October 9.
To learn more about the parvovirus and its treatment, click here.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.