McKINNEY, Texas (AP) - Six children in Texas have been injured by an explosion that happened after gas was poured from a can onto an open fire pit.
Four children have been airlifted to an area hospital after the Monday afternoon explosion in McKinney, north of Dallas. McKinney fire department spokeswoman Stacie Durham says the six children are believed to have been left unsupervised in the backyard, where a fire was burning. Adults were inside the home.
Durham says at least one of the children sprinkled gasoline from a can onto the fire and left the can near the pit. She says fumes from the can ignited.
All six children were near the can when it exploded.
The children range from ages 4 to 11.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Posted: 12/02/2013 - DURANT, Okla., Dec. 2, 2013 – Choctaw Casino Resort in Durant, Okla., a AAA Four Diamond resort and entertainment destination, is welcoming Captain Sig and Edgar Hansen from the Deadliest Catch on Friday, Dec. 6 from 7-10 p.m. at Gilley’s. The event is free to the public.
Posted: 12/02/2013 - Four local people recently completed at least 34 hours of training and 2 hours of courtroom observation in order to become volunteer advocates for children in foster care. The Honorable Judge Lauri Blake administered an oath to the new CASA volunteers in the 336th District Court after training was complete. New child advocates include Priti KC, Mary Norris, Dave Gehalo and Chantal Carey.