Lights go off temporarily in Ardmore

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

ARDMORE- Three OG&E workers had quite a scare in Ardmore this afternoon after a light pole they were working on tumbled on top of a power line.

As soon as the light pole hit the line on South Commerce Street, it sent sparks flying and caused the truck to catch fire.

Luckily the crew anticipated what was about to happen and jumped out of the way unharmed. Ardmore firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.

Home and businesses in a two-square-mile area were without electricity for a while, but OG&E crews were able to restore power within an hour.

DISCLAIMER: People who want to post comments on KXII.com are going to have to follow our rules. We know that not all forums are like that, but this one is.

There’s legal language nearby. Here's the plain English: no libel, slander, no lying, no fabricating, no swearing at all, no words that teenagers use a lot that some people think aren't swearing but we do, no insulting groups or individuals, no ethnic slurs and/or epithets, no religious bigotry, no threats of any kind, no bathroom humor, no comparing anyone to Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot. We expect heated, robust debate, but comments should be polite and civil. We consider this to be public space so behave and write accordingly.

Yes, what is not allowable is subjective. KXII.com absolutely reserves the right to remove posts we think break any of the rules or the spirit of the rules and we reserve the right to ban individuals from commenting.

Comments should be limited to the topic of the original posting. This is not the place for private conversations, no matter how innocent.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6602667 - http://kxii.com/a?a=6602667
Gray Television, Inc.