04-03-04- A family of four is homeless after a fire in Marietta Saturday morning ripped through their home. The fire started in a back bedroom of the home, where authorities say a child was playing with matches or a cigarette lighter. Something in the room caught fire, but fire officials aren't sure what it was.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out. The family's home is completely destroyed.
Four people made it out of the home safely, though a young child had minor injuries. But the fire did claim the life of the family dog.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.