Police Chief: Anna Nicole Smith died of accidental drug overdose

DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Florida authorities are calling Anna Nicole Smith's death an accidental overdose.

Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper says a combination
of medications led to "combined drug intoxication." They included
sleeping medication and a lengthy list of others, including methadone.

Perper says Smith had been on several anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drugs.

The sleeping medication can be used as a sedative for treating insomnia, alcohol withdrawal, anxiety and post-surgery pain.

The Houston-born Smith was found unresponsive in her room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood last month.

Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger says investigators have "found nothing to indicate any foul play." The medical examiner says the detailed autopsy also showed no evidence of disease.


Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6707132