Homemade Firecracker Injures Sherman Man

5-10-04 - What appears to be a practical joke went drastically wrong in Sherman on Monday, and may cost a local man part of his hand.

It began in the 3200 block of Marseille Street just before 5pm. Authorities say Ben Sly, 31, was driving by a home when he tried to throw a homemade firecracker at a friend. But the explosive device went off in his hand.

Firefighters described the injury as serious and say Sly may lose some fingers. He was transferred to Parkland Hospital in Dallas.

Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 764872 - kxii.com/a?a=764872
Gray Television, Inc.