5-11-04 - A fire broke out just after noon Tuesday inside the Sherman High School, but no students were injured. Firefighters contained the fire to one classroom and it no longer poses a threat.
Police believe a 15 year old male student started the fire by stuffing paper into a wall and then lighting it. The fire was contained inside the wall, which made it more difficult to find and extinguish. For the most part, the damage was only smoke related.
Students were out of the building for less than an hour before they returned to class.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.