Instructions for flood victims in Grayson Co.

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

Lisanne Anderson sat down with Grayson County Judge Drue Bynum Tuesday afternoon to clear up some confusion on the flood recovery.

Click here for specific instructions on what to do if you have flood damage in Grayson County.

Here's how the recovery process works:

Disaster Summary Outlines:
Sherman/Denison-- through EMC/Mayors, City managers, Council
-summary of damage assessment
-must capture damage and dollar amounts

County--will be on county website later Tuesday
903-813-4248 for directions
posted in main foyer of courthouse

Sherman/Denison-- coordinated through public works
County (unincorporated)--debris from ROW, any areas that encumber drainage contact county commissioner for details
Cities (other than Sherman or Denison)-- public works, city staff
TCEQ permits

Ag Damage
Farm Services Agency
TX Animal Health (carcass removal burial) through Emergency Ops Center

Grayson Disaster Relief Group managed through United Way
-903-893-1920 $, clothing, perishable, nonperishable

Clean out assistance
State of Texas is on standby
Volunteer groups can contact public works or city staff

Spiritual Guidance
Courthouse 903-813-4228

Co. Judge Drue Bynum --903-813-4228
Emer. Op. Center-- Jerry White, coordinator, 903-818-7694

County Website :

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Phil Location: Sherman on Jun 21, 2007 at 07:19 AM
    Scott, Pottsboro and the lake (including the Dam not affected by flood. Nor was Denison as much as Sherman and Gainesville. Lake levels are still normal. Hard to believe huh?
  • by annoymous on Jun 19, 2007 at 06:43 PM
    where is the reginition for the city employees who helped during this disaster that were non emergency crew? they helped too.
  • by DK Location: Sherman on Jun 19, 2007 at 02:23 PM
    It was not the company's fault. She could have done what I did and went in after the waters subsided some. I was only an hour and a half late for work and I didn't endanger my life or anyone else. Ultimately she is responsible for her actions. My heart goes out to her family but the choice was hers.
  • by Scott Randolph Location: Upland,Ca on Jun 19, 2007 at 02:11 PM
    Me and my family used to live on Taylor St across from Fairveiw park two years ago, I worked for Kwikset in Denison for a Year, I have many Freinds their, I'm trying to find out about Pottsboro and the Preston Penninsula and did the Dam hold up or Lake Texoma overflow? I have'nt found any news on them. I've spoken with a couple of people and they sent me this website. our prayers are with everyone their, and hope everyone gets through this ok. Sincerly, Mr & Mrs Scott Randolph
  • by al Location: sherman on Jun 19, 2007 at 02:08 PM
    there has to be more in the news than this people who dont work wanting hand outs liberals at work
  • by anon Location: Sherman on Jun 19, 2007 at 10:49 AM
    Somebody should ask the county judge and commisioners why non-emergency county employees were expected to report for work or lose a vacation day during this disaster.
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8072672 -
Gray Television, Inc.