SHERMAN -- Six people were hospitalized Tuesday afternoon for carbon monoxide poisoning.
When the Sherman Fire Department arrived, they say they found high levels of the poisonous gas detected in the home.
There was a smoke detector in the residence but no carbon monoxide detector.
Firefighters have started the process of airing out the house on Kevin Street.
"It’s an odorless gas and you don’t really realize that your carbon monoxide levels are high in your house until you start developing symptoms," said Sherman firefighter Jason Sparlin.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, vomiting and fainting.
No word on the conditions of those victims.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.