Apartment fire in Durant may have been started by child

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

DURANT, Okla. -- A fire that destroyed a Durant apartment may have been started by a child.

Fire Chief Steve Dow says three people were inside the apartment at the University Avenue Apartments when the fire broke out.

No one was injured.

Dow says it may have started when a young child was playing with a lighter.

He says crews responded in a minute and a half.

The department’s fast response time probably saved the rest of the building.

Dow says this is the second accidental fire in a month, and he wants to stress family fire prevention.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8212137 - http://kxii.com/a?a=8212137
Gray Television, Inc.