Getting FEMA assistance

By: Daniel T. Gotera Email
By: Daniel T. Gotera Email

GRAYSON COUNTY, Tex. -- Grayson County leaders met with officials from FEMA Friday morning to try and understand what to do now in order to receive the federal funding.

FEMA officials say first things first victims must register with FEMA, even if you have already registered with other volunteer organizations. You can register by phone at 1-800-621-3362 or online at

If you are calling registrants must have six things to ensure the registration goes through. Officials stress one of the most important things to have is a phone number that victims can be reached at. Those registering must also have their social security number, a current mailing address, addresses of affected properties, a brief description of the damages and insurance information.

Officials say each case will be looked at separately and money awarded will not be determined by other's situations.

Once victims have registered, they will receive a number, which officials say is vital in order to receive money. Keeping that, officials say, along with all the proper documentation is a good way to make sure the money you deserve comes your way.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8266682 -
Gray Television, Inc.