Fire injures one near McBride

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

MARSHALL COUNTY, Okla. -- A housefire in Marshall County sends one teen to the hospital.

The Texoma Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call near McBride around 7:30 p.m. Monday.

Firefighters say a teenage boy was playing with fireworks, emptying the flammable powder into a glass bottle, when the bottle exploded in his hand, almost severing two fingers.

He was taken to a Madill hospital.

Firefighters contained the blaze to the back part of the house, but there was extensive smoke damage.

They say the boy's parents are truck drivers who are out of town.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by tx Location: tx on Jul 20, 2007 at 07:45 PM
    I have to agree with anon from kingston.
  • by anon Location: kingston on Jul 18, 2007 at 09:46 AM
    This boy is 18 years old. I do not think it is unreasonable to leave an 18 year old alone.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 18, 2007 at 07:56 AM
    Was this teenage boy home alone when this happened. This is so beyond unreasonable. What is with people today leaving kids home alone?
  • by fireworks Location: ardmore on Jul 17, 2007 at 05:08 PM
    You should never play with fireworks that is what happens when you do
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8542777 - kxii.com/a?a=8542777
Gray Television, Inc.