Fire heavily damages Luella home

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

LUELLA, TX -- Just two hours after a Luella family used their grill to cook their Thanksgiving meal. It sparked a fire that destroyed their home.

Five fire departments were called to this home off Cedar Road around 4:30.

Fire officials say the family had finished using the grill and had turned it off two hours before it caught their deck on fire.

Sherman Fire Chief Jeff Jones says wind quickly spread the flames from the deck to the house. Firefighters say they see too many of these types of fires.

"Make sure that the fire is completely cooled down before you leave it unattended. Make sure it's completely closed. Don't leave any grills or pits exposed," Jones said.

The family was not hurt, and they will be staying with relatives.

The fire caused an estimated 85-thousand dollars in damage.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180554581 -
Gray Television, Inc.