Kitchen fire injures two

By  | 

DENISON, TX-Two Denison residents are injured in a kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon.

Denison firefighters rushed to the 600 block of West Day around 3:15 p.m. for a possible structure fire. Assistant Chief, Bill Ray said a couple tried to cook, when grease left on the stove ignited and scorched the kitchen cabinets. He said one of the residents tried to extinguish the flames, but instead got first-degree burns. Another resident suffered smoke inhalation.

"Anytime you put something on the stove to cook, stay with it unless you remove it from the stove or turn it off. Don't ever leave anything on the stove cooking," he said.

The couple was treated and released on the scene.