FITZHUGH, OK-- A Pontotoc county family is wondering how to start over after their home was destroyed by fire. The family said they were just too distraught to speak on camera.
Now the Fitzhugh community is coming together to help the parents and their 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 18. The fire broke out just before one yesterday afternoon. Firefighters say when they got there the house was almost fully engulfed for several hours crews from Fitzhugh, Ada and Roff tried to control the flames. But the windy conditions spread the flames too quickly and forced them to retreat and let the fire burn out.
Chief Richard Barnes said the fire started when grease on the stove ignited. He said the house is total loss an estimated 170 thousand dollars in damages. The red cross is currently helping the family and putting them up in a motel for three days. If you want to help you can make a donation to the Fitzhugh first Baptist Church.
Cash & Clothing Donations are welcome at Firzhugh First Baptist Church 21980 County Road 3499 Ada, OK 74820.
Clayton & Denise Eager's family sizes listed below:
3 yr. old boy: 4T shoe:10
14 yr. old girl: 9 pant Small top shoe: 6/12
17 yr. old girl: 9 pant Small top shoe 6 1/2
18 yr. old girl: 9 Pant Med. top shoe 7 1/2
Mom: 18 pant XL shirt shoe 7 1/2
Dad 35 X 32 jean Med. shirt 8 shoe