Kitchen fire cause thousands of dollars in damages

By: Victoria Maranan Email
By: Victoria Maranan Email

SHERMAN, TX-An accidental kitchen fire caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Sherman home.
The fire happened on the 1600 block of Creekside Avenue Thursday afternoon.
Sherman fire marshal, Jamie Baggs, said a man left the stove on when he went outside. Minutes later, flames spread through the kitchen. Baggs said firefighters put out the flames within minutes. But the kitchen was a total loss, with smoke and water damage throughout the house.
The damage is estimated to be $40,000.

"People just need to be aware that when they have something on the stove. Try not to be preoccupied with other events," Baggs said.

He said the damage could've been worse if it wasn't for working smoke detectors in the home.
No one was hurt in that fire.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173828941 -
Gray Television, Inc.