TISHOMINGO, OK--A Murray State College hog barn is a total loss after a weekend fire.
Fire Officials say faulty wiring is to blame for the attic fire that sparked just after 8 p.m. Saturday.
The barn was vacant and fire departments responded quickly enough to save a lot of equipment.
Because of the type of building, it took longer than usual for crews to fight the blaze. "It can be harder to access some of the areas because of the metal buildings," said Tishomingo Fire Captain, Danny Walker, "It took a little over an hour to contain the fire then fighters were on scene for about three hours."
No one was injured and Murray State College says they will replace the barn as soon as possible.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.