Very heavy rainfall is expected in several waves, early Friday morning, again Friday evening/night, and a final round during the day Saturday. Storm totals to 8 inches are possible.
HOWE, TEXAS -- An old barn in Howe burned to the ground this afternoon due to careless smoking.
Grayson County Fire Marshal Kevin Walton says the barn off FM 902 and John Fields Lane went up in flames around noon.
Walton says a man who was demolishing the building accidentally flicked his cigarette into a pile of corn husks.
Howe and Gunter firefighters put out the blaze. The barn is a total loss.