Old barn in Howe burns to the ground

By: Allison Harris Email
By: Allison Harris Email

HOWE, TEXAS -- An old barn in Howe burned to the ground this afternoon due to careless smoking.

Grayson County Fire Marshal Kevin Walton says the barn off FM 902 and John Fields Lane went up in flames around noon.

Walton says a man who was demolishing the building accidentally flicked his cigarette into a pile of corn husks.

Howe and Gunter firefighters put out the blaze. The barn is a total loss.

Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191748411 - kxii.com/a?a=191748411
Gray Television, Inc.