PONTOTOC CO., OK -- A young boy had to be flown by medical helicopter to a hospital Monday afternoon after suffering severe burns.
Fitzhugh Fire Chief Richard Barnes says just before 3 p.m. several local fire stations responded to a grass fire at the boy's home on County Road 3520.
Barnes says the boy was burning trash behind his home when the fire got out of control, burned him and spread to the grass.
He says the boy was flown to the hospital and suffered second and third degree burns.
The grassfire burned 33 acres.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.