PONTOTOC CO., OK -- The boy who was badly burned in the Fitzhugh grass fire earlier this week remains in critical condition.
According to Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian, the 12-year-old boy was burning trash behind his house with a 5 gallon gas can when it exploded.
Christian says the boy was severely burned from the waist up but was walking and talking when law enforcement arrived.
He was flown to a burn center in Oklahoma City before being transferred to the burn center at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.