• Cut roses wilt within a week. A found and antique “old rose” bush has a life span of over 100 years.
• Super star rose has been tested by Texas AM under the most sever conditions and has survived beautifully.
3 things that roses need:
• Plenty of sunlight- 8hrs perfect or at least 6 hrs with afternoon shade. Plants appreciate afternoon shade to lower evapotranspiration and lessen the moisture loss through the foliage of the plant.
• Good drainage/irrigation- They need regular watering at the base of the plant, due to moisture can cause “black spot” and other fungal diseases. (Super star varieties are the most resistant to fungal diseases, and need a low level of care.) “Time=Money…..it’s a value thing.”
• Periodic feeding- Rose Glow which is the best commercially used organic fertilizer on the market. It has the high potassium levels and a whole array of nutrients. Always be sure to add a healthy amount of molasses around your roses. It stimulates the life (micro-organisms) in the rhizosphere (the existing root system).
Energy Saving tip of the week: Keep your refrigerator temp at 36-38 degrees, and the freezer at 0-5 degrees. This reduces energy use. Vacuum the refrigerator coils at least twice per year to keep it running efficiently.
For more information, go to Texomalandscapes.com