COMMON SENSE TIPS TO SAVE MONEY
- Always cover your plants with a wool or - Never use plastic to cover plants
Cotton blend blanket. As it radiates/conducts cold.
- Put Xmas lights underneath plants. - Never use incandescent lamps; no
Indoor fixtures or cord.
- Use outdated milk as a fungicide to stop - Never use too much baking soda as
Brown Spot. It is high in salt.
- Rake your leaves and use for compost. - Don’t throw away leaves or burn.
- OK to add shredded paper to compost. - Don’t add shredded paper to Mulch.
- Get a large sealed container (1-2 gallon) - Don’t put meats, human feces,
To save potato peelings, egg shells, old petroleum products, or heavy oils
Salad greens and mix in with compost in compost piles.
Pile when it gets full.
- Use Gas stabilizer in equipment when - Never put fresh gas in engines or fill
Cooler weather arrives, start engine and completely with gas to sit through
Run through carburetor. Cold weather until Spring.
TIP OF THE WEEK: Come to the FALL F
Square Foot Gardening How To’s (In Half the Space, half the water, no weeding)