Apricot Double Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size : 36
6 ounces dried apricots -- cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 Tablespoon Brandy
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup baking chocolate squares -- (8 oz.)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 tablespoons shortening
1 cup milk chocolate chips -- (or semi-sweet)
1/2 cup nuts -- finely chopped
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon milk
1. Place apricots in a glass dish with the brandy and water. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 30 seconds. Let sit while preparing other ingredients.
2. Mix cream, 2 cups chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler. Mix until well melted. Add apricots and cover them in chocolate. Remove with a spoon to a lined cookie sheet. Cover with wax paper and set in freezer for 15 minutes, or until firm.
3. Mix shortening and 1 cup chocolate in the top of the double boiler. Mix until well melted. Remove from heat. Working quickly, roll each truffle in the melted chocolate, then roll in nuts. Return the truffles to the cookie sheet. Alternately, you can dip the truffle, and then drizzle with the powdered sugar and milk mixture.
4. When all truffles are complete, return to freezer for 30 minutes or until firm. Store in airtight containers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving: 122 Calories; 9g Fat; 1g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 9mg Cholesterol; 7mg Sodium.