SHERMAN, TX -- An early morning fire at the Peppertree Townhomes in Sherman had firefighters busy dousing flames early Friday morning.
Sherman Fire Chief J.J. Jones says it happened at the Peppertree Townhomes in the 1900 block of West Taylor Street in Sherman near the FM1417 intersection.
Fire Chief J.J. Jones says the flames sparked around 6 a.m. after someone left a candle unattended. It actually took firefighters from all over the Grayson County area to get the flames under control.
No one was seriously injured, but firefighter did get debris in his eyes. He was treated on the scene and returned back to work.
"Crews did real well. We were able to get inside real quick, contain the fire to two of the four units, a little bit of smoke damage to the third unit. But again, make sure everybody was out, keep the fire of the rest of the building, contain the fire and they did quick work about getting it put out," Jones said.
Chief Jones says the total amount of damage is estimated at $150,000.