Home Location: Luella, TX
1) Evergreen skirt at foundations for year round color.
2) Low maintenance
3) Everything low (in profile) in order not to obstruct the view.
4) Low water needs. Low cost
Special features (strengths) of existing landscape:
1) Beautiful Agave which is about 20 yrs old and in its first bloom.
2) Father and Son project
3) Water is easy of access
4) Chopped stone edging is beautiful (however poruous; without mortar)
5) Ready for a change.
6) Easy access for cleaning on 3 sides of beds
7) Great candidate for Gardening Texoma Makeover
Weaknesses of existing landscape:
1) Bermuda grass in the bed
2) Needs too much annual color (costly) twice a year
3) Not the best soil. Needs soil amendments.
4) Boring most of the year with exception of Agave.
5) High maintenance
6) Will be out of control in a verty short while if nothing is done.
7) Stone edging needs to be raised and set with mortar.
8) Too much human error for watering needs.