1 pie crust (thawed if frozen)
2 - 2 1/2 cups butternut squash, in half inch cubes (approx 1 squash)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large shallot, minced
1 leek, thinly sliced, white part only
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces goat cheese
2 cups cream (or 2% milk)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare pie crust for baking.
2. Toss squash in vegetable oil and roast for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Saute shallot, garlic and leek until soft. Cool.
4. Warm goat cheese for about ten seconds in the microwave. Whisk until smooth. Add eggs and thyme, then stir in salt and pepper. Gently pour in cream.
5. To assemble quiche, sprinkle onion mixture into crust. Spread roasted squash evenly. Gently pour egg mixture into dish, and rearrange ingredients, if needed. Top with the parmesan cheese.
6. Place quiche in oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool ten minutes before slicing to serve, for best results.