Chef Karel Anne has been invited to compete for a bacon appetizer competition, and she's got it down to two. Which one do you like better?
Karel Anne Tieszen
#1 BLT Bites
1) Split a Roma tomato lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and place cut side down on paper towels to dry as you prepare remaining tomatoes.
2) Mix one half cup of sour cream with 1 tablespoon paprika. Stir together. Add lettuce shreds and mix until coated.
3) Stuff tomato with dressed lettuce and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
#2 Bacon S' mores
1) Cut a chocolate bar into small half inch square pieces.
2) Place a honey graham cracker half on a plate. Place one marshmallow on top and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
3) Immediately when the puffed marshmallow is removed from the oven, push one piece of chocolate into the center. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.