Chef Karel Anne has been invited to compete for a bacon appetizer competition, and she's got it down to two. Which one do you like better?
Karel Anne Tieszen
#1 BLT Bites
1) Split a Roma tomato lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and place cut side down on paper towels to dry as you prepare remaining tomatoes.
2) Mix one half cup of sour cream with 1 tablespoon paprika. Stir together. Add lettuce shreds and mix until coated.
3) Stuff tomato with dressed lettuce and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
#2 Bacon S' mores
1) Cut a chocolate bar into small half inch square pieces.
2) Place a honey graham cracker half on a plate. Place one marshmallow on top and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
3) Immediately when the puffed marshmallow is removed from the oven, push one piece of chocolate into the center. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.