Turkey in the Bundt
Serving Size : 8
1 cup bread -- toasted and crumbled
1/2 cup onion -- cut in 1/2 inch dice
1/2 cup celery -- cut in 1/2 inch dice
2 cups turkey -- cooked and diced
1 cup Swiss cheese -- shredded
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach (or green beans)
1 1/2 cups bread -- toasted and crumbled
4 eggs -- beaten
2 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sprinkle 1 cup of the bread in the bottom of a greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle the onions
and celery over the bread. Distribute turkey evenly over the mixture. Spread cheese over
the turkey. Add optional spinach or green beans. Top with the remaining bread.
3. In a medium bowl, combine beaten eggs with milk and dry seasonings. Pour over the
mixture in the pan. Place Bundt pan inside a larger pan. A 13 inch x 9 inch pan works well.
Fill the outer pan with water about halfway up the side of the Bundt pan. Bake for 45
4. Remove Bundt pan from the water-filled dish and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until
a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
5. With a spatula, loosen the turkey mixture from the edges of the pan and invert onto a
plate. Cut in slices and serve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 509 Calories; 20g Fat (35.6% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 50g
Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 175mg Cholesterol; 927mg Sodium.