This is the season where some people find their hearts bigger than their pantries. Yes, SOME people believe there is such a thing as TOO MANY Girl Scout Cookies! If you find yourself in this dilemma, I am here to help you! The following recipes, or guides, will help you with extra Trefoils, Do-Si-Dos and Thin Mints. (WHO can ever have too many Thin Mints?!) Enjoy, and remember, it’s more than just about the cookies.
Chef Karel Anne Tieszen
TREFOIL COOKIE PIE CRUST
• 1 sleeve of Trefoils Girl Scout Cookies (about 19)
• 2 Tablespoons (approximately) flour
• 1 /4 cup softened butter (half stick)
• 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Cream together the sugar and butter.
2. Place GIRL SCOUTS TREFOIL cookies in food processor bowl. Cover and process until finely crushed. Add flour to make 1 1/2 cups of dry mixture. In small bowl toss together cookie crumbs and butter mixture. Press on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
3. Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes, until a golden brown. Allow to cool, and complete with desired filling.
DO-SI-DO Ice Cream Filling
• 1 sleeve of Do-Si-Do Girl Scout Cookies (About 9)
• 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Place GIRL SCOUTS Do-Si-Do cookies on a small flat plate. Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Slice cookies into quarters while warm. Place in a small bowl.
2. Stir cookies into ice cream with a large spatula. When well combined, scrape into the prepared pie crust and refreeze for at least an hour.
Pistachio Pudding Filling
Prepare to package directions. Spread evenly into prepared pie crust. Place Thin Mints in a pattern around edge of pie. Serve when chilled.
Peanut Thai Chicken
• 4 crushed Do-Si-Dos Girl Scout Cookies
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
• Rice Noodles
• Thai Peanut Sauce
1. Place chicken in a baking dish. Pierce each breast with a fork 3-4 times. Pour soy sauce over each breast. Press cookie mixture onto each piece of chicken, and bake for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare rice noodles according to directions on box.
3. Mix any remaining Do-Si-Dos cookie crumbs with peanut sauce.
Serve peanut sauce poured over chicken and noodles, or as side dipping sauce.
Yields 4 servings