Serving Size : 4
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts -- slightly frozen
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 large lettuce leaves -- Bibb or Iceberg
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons ginger root -- finely shredded
3 serrano peppers -- cut in 1/4 inch slivers
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup pine nuts -- (pignoli) toasted
1. Slice chicken breast as thinly as possible, about 1/8 inch slices. Cut slices into 2 inch pieces. Place in a glass dish.
2. Sprinkle cornstarch over chicken. Toss lightly until coated. Add egg white, wine, salt and sugar in a small dish. Stir to combine and pour over chicken
3. Separate the lettuce leaves. Rinse them under cold running water, and pat dry. Arrange on a serving platter, and refrigerate.
4. Heat oil in a skillet until ripples start to form in the oil. Quickly stir in the ginger, and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken mixture. Stir-fry over moderate heat for one to two minutes or until all the chicken turns firm and white. Add peppers and stir to combine.
5. In a small dish, stir together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon water. Add to chicken and stir to create a glaze. Remove from heat.
6. Place chicken mixture in a serving bowl and top with pignoli nuts. Serve with chilled lettuce leaves. Guests will spoon hot chicken mixture into leaves and wrap lengthwise.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 343 Calories; 20g Fat (54.1% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 358mg Sodium.