Looking for a quick dinner tonight before time to hit the football field? This dinner will take you about 10 minutes preparation, 15 minutes in the oven, and GOAL: Dinner is served!
1 tube prepared pizza dough
4 ounces pepperoni (turkey or mini is preferred)
4 ounces sandwich ham
4 ounces thin sliced mozzarella
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or 1 /2 cup fresh chopped basil or oregano)
2-3 tablespoons flour
Non stick spray
Tomato sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray cookie sheet and set aside.
2. Spread pepperoni and ham on a paper towel, not overlapping. Cover with an additional paper towel. Place on plate in the microwave for 30 seconds to release liquid and excess fat. Pat with towels to remove liquid.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, parmesan and herbs.
4. Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the pizza crust dough. Cut into four rectangles. Place pepperoni on one-half of the dough, leaving a half-inch border around the edge. Cover with sliced ham, and spoon on ricotta, spreading over the ham and pepperoni. Gently lay one slice of mozzarella on top. Moisten the edges of the dough. Gently stretch to cover the contents and make a triangle. Crimp the edges to seal.
5. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, and slice a small vent in the top. Brush with oil and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes while warming the tomato sauce.