What better way to wake up the household on Mother's Day than with the scent of baking cinnamon and since almost all of the work is done the night before, there's little to do on Mother's day morning than Love her awake with a warm cinnamon roll. Happy Mother's Day all!
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size : 12
2 packages active dry yeast
7 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup water -- hot
2 cups milk -- lukewarm
1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup unsalted butter -- softened, (1/2
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1. Blend the yeast, 7 cups flour, brown sugar, and salt
with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour the hot water and warm milk into the flour
mixture and blend. As it incorporates, add the egg and
shortening. Mix until smooth. Add up to 1/4 cup flour
until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl.
3. Remove dough to a floured surface. Divide into two
pieces. Using a rolling pin, shape each piece into a large
rectangle. Brush the surface with butter.
4. Combine the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle
over the dough. Roll each rectangle tightly, and cut each
into 12 equal slices. Place on a greased baking sheet,
cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 375F. Remove
plastic wrap and bake for 20 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, drizzle the milk over the powdered
sugar and stir to combine. The mixture will be very stiff.
Add the sour cream and stir until smooth.
7. When the rolls come out of the oven, place them on
a serving tray. Spread the sour cream frosting on top
while they are still warm.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 505 Calories; 14g Fat (24.1% calories
from fat); 10g Protein; 85g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary
Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 391mg Sodium.