Video will be available shortly
12-7-04 – An unattended pan of grease may have started a fire that caused major damage to a Sherman home Tuesday morning. A family of two lost all of their possessions when fire broke out at a house in the 2300 block of Lockhart Street.
Firefighters were able to save the structure, but the home was gutted by flames. A mother and her 16-year-old son were not there at the time and no injuries are reported.
A friend of the family called 911 around 7:50 a.m. after stopping by the home to pick up dry cleaning. The friend also went inside the home and rescued the family dog.
Sherman fire officials say a pan of grease on an unattended stove is likely the cause of the fire, however the investigation will continue.
Damages are estimated at $70,000.