Fire displaces Sherman family

By  | 

SHERMAN, TX -- A couple is displaced from their home Sunday after it catches fire. Firefighters say it happened just before 7 pm at the Crossroads Mobile Home Park in Sherman.

Chief Jeff Jones says it appears the fire started in the kitchen. A husband was preparing dinner, but left the stove unattended while he went to help his wife with Christmas gifts in another part of the home.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire within minutes, and the Red Cross found the couple a place to stay Sunday night.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus