Gas Flare-Up Forces Evacuation

7-6-05 – One man suffered minor burns after a natural gas explosion in Sherman Wednesday morning. The fire department evacuated an area around the 1000 block of North Travis Street after a boiler exploded at a dry cleaning business.

An employee attempted to re-light a boiler around 7:30 a.m. He suffered minor burns and was taken to Wilson N. Jones by a family member.

The fire department evacuated nine employees as they worked to shut off the natural gas.

The injured man is expected to recover.