Video will be available shortly
10-25-05 - A major fire Tuesday morning in Grayson County leaves a family without a home and the cold weather, coupled with a desire to stay warm, is what may be to blame.
A husband and wife escaped with their lives but little else in Gordonville Tuesday morning as the fire gutted the inside of their home within minutes.
The couple woke up to the smell of smoke around 7:20 a.m. and called for help. They made it out of the house safely, and the fire spread quickly from the back of the home where the heating unit is located.
Investigators believe that the unit malfunctioned and sparked this fire.
This home is actually built around a trailer which is located in the back. Investigators are looking into whether or not the way the home was wired contributed to the fire.
As for the family, they didn't have time to save anything. All of their belongings have been destroyed. The Red Cross has been called in to provide clothing and shelter.
Fire fighters recommend that everyone has their heating unit checked every fall before starting up the system.