12-31-05 – A family of five in Denison was forced to evacuate their burning home on Saturday morning.
Around 9 a.m., the homeowners smelled smoke and then called for help. It took firefighters more than an hour to contain the blaze. The house, located in the 500 block of West Coffin, sustained major damages.
The Red Cross is helping the family find temporary shelter.
Firefighters say the blaze started in the chimney. Poorly maintained vents may have contributed to the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.