2-1-06- A home in Tishomingo was destroyed early Wednesday morning when a fire ripped through the structure leaving nine homeless.
An aunt woke up around 5:00 a.m. and saw the front porch engulfed in flames. She woke the rest of the family up and rushed them out safely. The fire department said by the time they arrived flames had already taken over most the home. All the family had left were the clothes on their backs.
Neighbors poured in with donations of clothes and food to help the family. The Western Inn is allowing the family to stay there two nights for free.
The Fire Marshal is ruling the fire undetermined, but believes it may have started from electrical wiring in the attic.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.